SUBMITTED BY: Carrie in NC
Everyone’s Tater Tot Casserole is a little different, here’s ours:
- 1 lb. gr beef, browned with 1 chopped onion, salt and pepper, drain
- Add 1 can cream of mushroom soup, some cheddar cheese (the amount you like)
- a drained can of green beans
- Mix all together, place in 1-1/2 quart dish. Top with tater tots (to cover)
- Cover, bake 45 min at 350.
- Brown 1 1/2 lb hamburger (can add onion/garlic).
- Mix hamburger with 1 can cream of mush soup and 1 can milk.
- Spread in bottom of 9 x 13 pan.
- Top with layer of sliced Velveeta.
- Top with tater tots.
- Bake uncovered per tater tot temp and time.
*We have tried it with golden mushroom soup.
*We’ve also tried it with shredded cheese instead of Velveeta
EDITOR’S NOTE: I personally never use canned cream of anything soup (or Velveeta cheese!), but because people frequently write to me asking for a Tater Tot Casserole recipe (yes, it’s a bit ironic that people ask for this recipe from someone who has a life-threatening mushroom allergy), I thought I’d share Carrie’s two recipe variations. If this isn’t your cup of tea, don’t worry … healthier recipes on the way! But I think Tater Tot Casserole is a true down-home comfort food for many folks. 🙂 ~Debi
NOTE: Be sure to “Like” A Frugal Simple Life on Facebook!
More Articles of Interest:
- Cream-of-Whatever Soup Substitute
- Mix-n-Match Skillet Meals (a DIY hamburger helper type mix)
- Adapting Oven Recipes for the Slow Cooker