SUBMITTED BY: Lisa C in NC
For all you Heath bar fans out here, you ought to love this one. It’s really easy & doesn’t heat up your kitchen … and it’s a hit with young and old alike.
SODA CRACKER CANDY
- 1 c Butter
- 1 c Brown sugar, packed
- Soda crackers
- 6 oz Semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter and sugar on the stove over medium heat til bubbly and then cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Line a 9 X 13 pan with soda crackers, one layer only please.
- Pour the sugar/butter mixture over the crackers. You’ll need to use a knife to keep the crackers in line…they tend to float.
- Sprinkle a small bag (6oz ?) of semi-sweet chocolate chips over the top of the mixture and spread with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for about 40 minutes til firm and then cut them into squares.
- Remove them from the pan if they are firm enough, otherwise, return to the fridge to let them set..they will get hard.
This stuff is yummy! Some people put chopped nuts on top, too.
NOTE: Be sure to “Like” A Frugal Simple Life on Facebook!
More Posts of Interest: