- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup cold water
- Mix together and knead until it makes a medium stiff dough. Add more flour or water if necessary.
- To color: Add small dabs of paste food coloring and knead in. (For white add a little white acrylic paint).
- Store unused portions in plastic bags in fridge.
- Roll out on waxed papered surface if you want flat pieces.
- Dabs of water can smooth things and help “glue” two pieces together.
- Use paper clip pieces or old wire to make hangers or a plastic straw to punch holes in things you will want to hang up.
- Squeeze some dough through a garlic press to make hair or grass.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for one to two hours or until it feels hard to the touch.
- Take off sheet to cool on wire rack.
- You can protect your creation by dipping it in melted paraffin or coating it with polyurethane.
(submitted by Unknown)
NOTE: Be sure to “Like” A Frugal Simple Life on Facebook!
Other Articles of Interest: