Submitted by Marie
WONDERFUL (and easy) PIE CRUST: You just “pat in the pan”…
Note: Half of this recipe can be used for the bottom of a cream or custard pie. Be sure to thoroughly prick with a fork , then bake for 15 minutes at 425 F degrees. Otherwise use this crust just as you would for any ordinary two-crust pie.
- 1. Mix together: 2 cups flour, 2 tsp. sugar and 1 tsp. salt
- 2. Mix together and add to the above: 2/3 cup canola oil and 3 T. milk
- 3. Mix all this with a fork and your fingers.
- 4. “Pat” half of mixture (for bottom crust) into a 9 or 10″ pie pan.
- Roll out top crust between wax paper (as for regular pie) and follow directions for any other regular pie for baking time, etc
NOTE: Be sure to stop by and “Like” A Frugal Simple Life on Facebook!
Other Posts of Interest: